Library offers free electronic resources of CCAC students

Cole Hall, North Campus Staff

“Students have access to a great number of resources through the library system,” says Chris Galluzzo, one of the librarians on staff at the North campus. “In addition to information resources like books, videos, and article resources all within the library.” The Library supports the OneSearch database, which is featured on the library website homepage. Within the database are thousands of academic articles, research papers, and news stories, all available for students to utilize.

“Students have access to a great number of online materials through articles through our research databases, electronic books, and streaming video collections. A lot of things to help them in their courses.” Students attending CCAC also have access to Microsoft Office 365, along with 1 TB of OneDrive storage through their academic email. To access the software, the student must log into their academic email. The launcher icon in the upper left-hand corner will lead the user to installation options for Office 365. Students will have access to the programs as long as they are registered for classes.

The second floor of the library is home to campus tutors for several subjects. The tutors are by appointment or walk-in. Scheduling contact information is available online located on the Tutoring Services tab on the CCAC web page.

Along with traditional tutoring options located on the second floor of the campus library, there are online tutoring options. The college has partnered with SmartThinking online tutoring. Through their tuition, students are allotted ten hours of free tutoring from the online service. The tutoring service offers assistance with subjects ranging from advanced mathematics to chemistry, biology, and anatomy.

If a student is finding research difficult, they may chat directly with a librarian through the online chat options also located from the website homepage. This allows one-on-one live communication with a campus librarian. An available feature alongside the direct message chat is screen sharing. This allows you and the librarian to view each other’s screens. Online chat is restricted to campus library hours