Editorial: COVID-19 response from the editor

Rebekah Waldron, North Campus Editor

Social distancing is a practice that can help stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic.  As the rest of the world has been getting Down with the Sickness, the staff at The Voice would like to share tips for social distancing and pandemic survival:

If you go to the grocery store and all the toilet paper is sold out, DON’T PANIC. Eat paper towels instead. 

When faced with a situation where one does have to go outside, constantly hoolahoop to establish your social boundaries.

Stop gathering in groups of more than just a couple of people at once. Or just stop gathering at all. The introverts seem to have had the right idea there.

Avoid travel that isn’t for basic survival purposes. Only leave the house if a zombie has broken through the entrances.

If you do get sick, stay home and rest. Karen at the grocery store would only glare at you for coughing near her, anyways. 

Disinfect everything constantly. If it exists, wipe it down. This includes the zombies that will inevitably break in. Wipe them down, too. 

In order to promote a safe and healthy environment, the students at The Voice would like to remind everyone of the importance of washing their hands. Although, we are concerned that we have to remind you.

Here’s a quick reference guide on how to wash your hands thoroughly:

1. Turn on the faucet.
  2. Unscrew the top of the soap dispenser.
  3. Pour the entire contents of the soap dispenser into one hand.
  4. Spill some, panic, then remember your mission.
  5. Vigorously scrub the soap all over your hands, wrists, arms, legs, and nearby surfaces.
  6. Rinse your hands clean and dry thoroughly using the last square of toilet paper left in the entire world.
  7. Don’t touch anything. Ever again.