The whole kitten caboodle

Pittsburgh cat show comes to town

The whole kitten caboodle

North Hills recently hosted the Pittsburgh Cat Show.

Nicholas Capra

Nicholas Capra

Nicholas Capra

Nicholas Capra, North Campus Writer

The Pittsburgh Cat Show took place in North Hills this March, much to the delight of this region’s cat fanatics.

The Pittsburgh Cat Show took place in the Ross Township Municipal Building on the 16th and 17th of March. This show was hosted by the Cat Fanciers Association, an organization who hosts more than 400 cat shows worldwide each year.

The Pittsburgh Cat Show comes to the region for almost 20 years and boasts an average turnout of 110 cats every day of the event.

Attendees of the show tend to come from all over the country, New York and Ohio residents being the most common. However, it isn’t unlikely to meet someone from Arizona or even California.
The show manager, Kathy Treleani, is also the president of Butler Cat Fanciers chapter of CFA and an avid competitor herself. She travels the country with her cats, attending CFA events.

Treleani owns seven oriental shorthairs, three of whom were judged on March 17th. One of her cats, Whitey, was obtained from Russia and is her only cat with blue eyes. Another, Ebenezer, was eight months old at the time of the competition.

Kathy Treleani is also a CCAC alumni and taught at Allegheny Campus for several years. Now, however, her attention is solely focused on her love for her cats and the competition.

Though the Pittsburgh Cat Show is over, another show will be hosted by the Butler Cat Fanciers in August, also in the Ross Township Municipal Building.

About the Contributors
Nicholas Capra, North Campus Staff

Nicholas Capra is a student at CCAC North. In 2018, he received a Keystone Student Press Awards Honorable Mention from the Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association...

David Heilman, North Campus Staff

David Heilman is a writer and photographer from CCAC North.

Andrew Cardone, North Campus Staff

Andrew Cardone is a writer and photographer from CCAC North. He has won an Honorable Mention Keystone Student Press Award for News Photo in 2019 and shared...